How T0 Measure Your Ring Size At Home
Ever wondered about your ring size? You would not believe how easy it is to measure your ring size accurately, in just a few minutes, in the comfort of your home. We can think of several ways you can put this knowledge to good use:
1. Tell all your friends your ring size and tell them they better help out your significant other (now or in the future) when he’s going ring-shopping. Might as well tell them the kind of ring you like while you’re at it.
2. If you’re a woman who likes to do things herself, you can help out your significant other by casually slipping your ring size into a random conversation- that is, if you are skilful at making light of topics like this.
3. If you’re the man reading this, good for you! You can actually measure this yourself if she’s a heavy sleeper. If not, send this link to her best friend and let her do the job for you. We assure you, girl talk can accomplish a lot.
4. You can easily order both engagement and wedding rings online without the worry of having to return them to be resized.
Now, the tutorial.
You Will Need:
A ruler or measuring tape
Thin strip of paper
Pen or Pencil
1. Cut a thin strip of paper that is long enough to wrap around your finger.
2. Wrap the paper around your finger to fit, not too tight. Make sure the paper is below the joint of your finger and close to your knuckle.
3. Mark the spot where the paper meets.
4. Take it off and measure the distance with your ruler or tape.
5. Use the following chart to determine your ring size. Rings also come in half sizes, the measurements of which, of course, will fall somewhere in between the whole sizes.
Tip: We prefer to use the centimetre end of the ruler or tape because the markings are closer and therefore more accurate. But you can also use inches.
Size 4 : 1 13/16 inches or 4.6 – 4.8 centimeters (cm)
Size 5 : 1 15/16 inches or 4.9 – 5.1 centimeters (cm)
Size 6 : 2 1/16 inches or 5.2 – 5.3 centimeters (cm)
Size 7 : 2 1/8 inches or 5.4 – 5.6 centimeters (cm)
Size 8 : 2 1/4 inches or 5.7 – 5.8 centimeters (cm)
Size 9 : 2 5/16 inches or 5.9 – 6.1 centimeters (cm)
Size 10 : 2 7/16 inches or 6.2- 6.3 centimeters (cm)
Size 11 : 2 9/16 inches or 6.4 – 6.6 centimeters (cm)
Size 12 : 2 5/8 inches or 6.7 – 6.8 centimeters (cm)
Size 13 : 2 3/4 inches or 6.9 – 7.1 centimeters (cm)
Size 14 : 2 7/8 inches or 7.2 -7.4 centimeters (cm)